Cultural Sensation chat Generative Pre-Trained Transformer aka ChatGPT is a large model trained by OpenAI to generate human-like text in a conversational style. Being a variant of the GPT-3 model, this is specifically designed to be used to generate text in response to user input. This artificial intelligence chatbot was trained on examples of back-and-forth human conversation, which helps it make its dialogue sound a lot more human ( source: a blog post published by Openai explains ). This brainchild of OpenAI, an artificial intelligence company released the system in November 2022 to show off and test what a very large, powerful AI system can accomplish. Its mission is to develop a “ safe and beneficial “ artificial general intelligence system or to help others do so. This also shows off and tests what a very large, powerful AI can accomplish. This chatbot is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3 family of large language models and has been fine-tuned using both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques; one can ask it countless questions and often will get an answer that’s useful.
1. ChatGPT Plus
- Recently, OpenAI has also announced a new paid, premium version of its chatbot, called ChatGPT Plus. It’s not available just yet, but one can currently only join the waitlist, and the eventual price wi be $20 per month. ChatGPT Plus will provide access even during peak times, faster responses, and first access to new features.
2. Responses by ChatGPT
- The well-known for having developed the text-to-image generator DALL-E, OpenAI and it’s currently available for anyone to try out for free. The tool, from a power player in artificial intelligence, lets you type natural language prompts. It then offers conversational, somewhat stilted responses. The bot remembers the thread of your dialogue, using previous questions and answers to inform its next responses. It derives its answers from huge volumes of information on the internet.
3. Is ChatGPT a website or App?
- ChatGPT is available via a webpage, so no downloading is needed. OpenAI has yet to release an official app, despite the fact that app stores are full of fake versions. These should be installed and used with caution, as they are not official ChatGPT apps.
4. The fastest user-friendly bot.
- ChatGPT has rapidly become a widely used tool on the internet. UBS analyst Lloyd Walmsley estimated in February that ChatGPT had reached 100 million monthly users the previous month, accomplishing in two months what took TikTok about nine months and Instagram two and a half years. The New York Times, citing internal sources, said 30 million people use ChatGPT daily.
- The software developer site StackOverflow banned ChatGPT answers to programming questions. Administrators cautioned, "because the average rate of getting correct answers from ChatGPT is too low, the posting of answers created by ChatGPT is substantially harmful to the site and to users who are asking or looking for correct answers." The journal Science banned ChatGPT text in January. "An AI program cannot be an author. A violation of these policies will constitute scientific misconduct no different from altered images or plagiarism of existing works," Editor in Chief H. Holden Thorp said. Elon Musk found that OpenAI was training ChatGPT using Twitter’s database. He instantly put an end to the exercise. Since OpenAI is now non-profit and closed-sourced, it should someday be able to pay for this information.
6. Scores from various exams
- Google programmer Kenneth Goodman tried ChatGPT on a number of exams. It scored 70% on the United States Medical Licensing Examination, 70% on a bar exam for lawyers, nine out of 15 correct on another legal test, the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination, 78% on New York state’s high school chemistry exams multiple choice section, and ranked in the 40th percentile on the Law School Admission Test. Educators thought that Google, Wikipedia, and the internet itself would ruin education, but they did not," York said. "What worries me most are educators who may actively try to discourage the acknowledgment of AI like ChatGPT. It's a tool, not a villain.”
7. Integration with other apps
- Integrating chatGPT in google docs or Microsoft, telegram, and WhatsApp, using voice commands with chatGPT, combining chatGPT with a search engine, using it anywhere as a google extension, saving everything you have learned from chatGPT, Twitter chatGPT account.
This artificial intelligence bot can answer questions, write essays, summarize documents, and write software. But deep down, does it know what's true?